Sunday, March 18, 2007

Still Dancing with Leaves

It's been an interesting time here at Pendragon Hold, our little acre of sand. I am having mixed success with this smoking pill I'm on. I can handle the dreams, they are interesting if nothing else. I even appreciate the lack of panic attacks when I haven't had a cigarette for days. But it doesn't seem this medication is actually ridding me of my cravings, and I can't seem to get much sleep lately. Maybe once I've been on this stuff for more than three weeks it will get easier. I'm not giving up yet.

THE Wife took an additional week off from work and it was nice to have her home taking care of most of that domestic stuff while I returned to work. Now she goes back to work with me tomorrow, but the knee still hurts, and probably will until she gets that next round of injections.






I have some pictures of the terrace garden I completed during this down time, as well as one of a fountain I slapped together for the shade garden, which THE Wife just loves. I knew that old aquarium pump would come in handy some day!


















Saturday, out of the blue after being out of touch for more than a year, my old buddy Joe called and asked us if we'd like to go with them to see "Classical Mystery Tour", a show performed by a Beatles tribute band in concert with the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra. All four of them were once with the show "Beatlemania" at one time or another. Joe works the stages at the local music and sports events, and sometimes scores free tickets to plays or concerts. I must admit, these guys were pretty damn good. It was hearing what it would have been like had the Beatles performed some of their best works in a live concert, complete with the orchestration. What was really hilarious was when this guy in the back row of the orchestra pulled out his lighter and waved it. Nobody uses lighters anymore in a closed, no smoking venue, but a couple of inventive audience members pulled out their cell phones and started waving THEM. Next thing you know, the whole place is lit up the screens of cell phones waving back and forth to "Hey Jude". It was nice to see Joe again and to get out on the town for once, something we hadn't done in ages.

I still have enough leaves piled up around here to cover the state of Texas. I will, however, deal with them eventually. That's what life is all about; "Dances with Leaves".............

8 comments:

Buffalo said...

Good to read you. It has been a while.

JP (mom) said...

Ah, beautiful terraced garden and fountain ... you're giving those leaves a run for their money!! Love the cell phone-Jude story! Love, JP

Whitesnake said...

You know a change is in the air it seems

Kindness said...

so freaking good to hear...er... read your voice again... please speak...er... write more... glad the mrs. is coming along with her knee... I have missed you...

Anonymous said...

I understand completely the 'dancing with the leaves' thing. Why, oh why, do all the live oaks drop their leaves in the Spring??!?!?! Why can't they learn that the season for that is FALL, as in: when the leaves are supposed to come down? Our yard is covered, and I mean covered, with oak leaves. We had great winds this past weekend; I was hoping it would knock the rest down so after I mow tonight, tomorrow doesn't look like this morning again!
Good to hear you again Michael, you've been missed. Even if you got alot of yard work done. ;o)

Paul said...

Definitely good to have you back after too long a hiatus.

TiG said...

Ah yes...quitting smoking can be cathartic. Having projects like your garden can help a lot!
Good luck!

Kindness said...

Hope you are still doing well with the smoking cessation... I fell... :*(